SECURE SOUTH WEST 8
7th February 2017
The 8th event in the Secure South West series will be hosted at Plymouth University on 7th February. The schedule includes a series of invited speakers including Robin King, one of the steering group members of the SWCSC. The panel session includes Victoria Stone (South West Police Regional Organised Cyber Crime Unit), Nathan Clarke (Professor of Cyber Security and Digital Forensics, Plymouth University) and Pete Woodward (co-founder of the SWCSC) and will provide an excellent opportunity to gain knowledge and insights into different aspects of cyber security. Further details can be found here.
The Schedule is as follows:
- Challenges of deploying IoT virtual private networks
Graham Bartlett, Technical Leader, Cisco Security Services
- Developing Cyber Skills: A Job Role Centric Approach
Jane Dickinson, Academy Program Lead (CompTIA)
- The cyber crime landscape
Samantha Dowling, Head of the Cyber Crime Research Team (Home Office)
- Industrial Security – Red Team Operations
Thomas Hackner, CEO (HACKNER Security Intelligence GmbH)
- Enhancing the baseline cyber security posture for UK PLC
Robin King, MD (SC2)
- Developing a cyber workforce
Rob Partridge, Head of The Security Academy (BT)
- PANEL: Cybercrime: Can we keep up?In a landscape characterised by hacking, malware, phishing and other online attacks, how is cybercrime affecting trust and confidence in the technologies we now depend upon? What should we be most concerned about, and how much can technology protect us? Who’s responsible for responding? Are we keeping pace, or perpetually playing catch-up
The event is free of charge, and will include refreshments and lunch as part of the programme, ensuring good opportunities for networking and discussion amongst delegates and the speakers.
If you would like to attend, please sign up via https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/SecureSW8.
Alternatively if you would like to email email@example.com we are compiling a list of attendees for the University, we only need names for badges and catering. The South West Cyber Security Cluster will have a stand at the event so please come along and meet us.
Secure South West 8 is jointly organised by Plymouth University and Plymouth City Council, with sponsorship and support from the South West branches of BCS – The Chartered Institute for IT and the Institute of Information Security Professionals, and the South West WARP and Securious.