It’s back for the 14th time and better than ever – despite COVID’s best attempts.
We will be online only this year (okay, COVID gets a passing nod).
Secure South West 14 – March 17th 2021
This years event focuses on the 3 cyber security themes of:
- Business Protection
- Cyber Security Skills
- Cyber Security Innovation
and opens with an exciting discussion about ‘The Changing Cyber Security Landscape’
You can drop into the section that interests you, or attend for the whole event!
AGENDA and SPEAKERS
- Login and attendee networking
- Welcome and Introduction
- Robin King – Chair of the South West Cyber Security Cluster and Director Bar Associates
OPENING DEBATE: IS THE CYBER SECURITY LANDSCAPE CHANGING
- Speaker tbc from National Cyber Security Centre
- “innovation” AI in both defensive and offensive context
- Achim Brucker, Head of Cyber Security, Exeter University
- Panel: can we rely on innovation to improve protection?
- Coffee break
- What is trust in a digital system? Where do individual rights sit? Are we too cyber focussed?
- Ashfords LLP – speaker tbc
- What’s the right focus for smaller organisations? How to align security with everything else you do
- Roz Woodward, Securious
- Panel: how do you balance compliance with protection?
- Lunch and networking
- The Innovator’s Lair – multiple 5 minute pitches, 5 minute Q&A
- South west cyber innovators (tba)
- Blockchain – blow through the hype on its effectiveness in building secure systems
- Mike Gips, ASIS International
- The cyber horizon – what will 2030 look like?
- Mike Beck, Darktrace
- Panel: is there a silver bullet?
15:15-15:30 Coffee break
- UK skills agenda for cyber employment landscape, opportunities and issues
- Marco Palomino, BCS and Plymouth University
- Developing the cyber security profession
- Steve Furnell, CIISec Board Member
- Closing and award of Innovator’s Lair winner