- Education lead for NCSC
- Background = Practitioner, Incident Management, NCSC & GCHQ for the last 7 years focusing on school’s outreach
Why do spies care?
- Our talent pipeline is not diverse or sufficient for us all to have better recruitment choices – lets change that
- Students often do not know how to prepare for their digital futures – so lets try
What do I really want?
- Great schools and colleges that see digital as an opportunity for students to get workplace ready
- Great people who want to help them by sharing time and expertise (CyberFirst Ambassadors). Part of NCSC but as volunteers offering a time commitment
What might we do if you became a CyberFirst Ambassador?
- Gather MI data – baselining
- How many students have they got coming in? How many of such students are studying Computer Science? What are the gender / minority splits? Stats and how to change that?
- Problem trying to solve
- Engage eco system
- Events/ talks/ activities – create/ organise/ administer/ coordinate/ celebrate (celebrate that Cyber Security is a great industry to work in
- Test it works
- If good, template and share
- Build a community and relationships of schools/ colleges/ ambassadors/ volunteers