During the SWCSC Networking Meeting that was delivered on Friday, Mike Halliday discussed SW success with the SWCSC-sponsored Cyber Futures project at South Devon College.
South West Cyber Futures Programme:
- Funded by DSCMS via UKC3
- Coordinated by SWCSC / TechEd programmes
- It is a pilot programme, for one single year to support a single year group of students
- The programme is supported by the SME community and SWCSC community
- Able to develop a mechanism to build a cyber skills pipeline for UK industry
- Support FE colleges partners in engaging with local businesses
- Helps students to develop the skills needed for rewarding careers
- NCSC CyberFirst gold school
- Top 100 global ranking on Immerse Labs Digital Academy for students
- 90% of students aspire to enter cyber security as a profession at the end of Year 1
- All students rate quality of each industry engagement 8+ out of 10
- Demonstrates viability to DCMS for continued funding and roll out to other clusters
Who is delivering what?
- Partners include: Thales, CoreTech Security, PGI, Optimising IT, Lineal, KrowdThink, BAR Associates, NCSC, Fujitsu.
“What the kids are doing?”
- Undertaking a weekly workshop (1 hour 30 mins) delivered by industry. Workshops are based upon a curriculum of content from within the Immersive Labs digital content. It is highly gamified, and competitive, where students can compete against each other, other colleges, and Universities.
Calls to action:
- 4 x partners needed to each deliver 2 or more qorkshops
- CTF for challenge days (December, March)
- Please email: mike.Halliday@techedpro.co.uk